To comply with the modern security standards, all PX user accounts must be protected with two-factor authentication mechanism. This means that both internal users and clients need to connect their mobile phone number to PX account and authorize on login with the code from an SMS.
This article describes easy steps you need to take to make your account more secure.
Enable two-factor authentication in PX
Go to Open PX, enter your username and password as usual, and click Login:
In the information popup that appears, click Enable:
Enter your phone number so that we could send you an authentication code, and click Submit:
To help protect your account, we'll send SMS with the authentication code to your device. Check it and enter the code.
- If you entered the phone number incorrectly, click Incorrect number? to enter it once more.
- If no message is received - click Send new code when a minute expires.
- To remember your phone number in PX platform, select Don't ask on this device.
Click Verify to proceed.
Now you're complete and can login to the platform:
Manage your account security
As soon as two-factor authentication is enabled, you can manage your login information. Click your username in the right top of the page, and select Profile settings:
A page with two sections appears:
To change your password, enter the current one, and then a new one twice:
When you try to change your password or security phone number, you'll need to go through two-factor authentication process again - so that we're sure your account is safe.
How to change your phone number for two-factor authentication
- If you still have an access to your previous phone number used for two-factor authentication, log in to your PX account and change for phone number according to the instructions above.
- If you've lost the phone that you use for 2-factor authentication – try calling your phone network to transfer your old number over to a new phone. You'll need a new SIM card for that, and it could take a day or two to activate.
- If you've lost the phone number and can't get it back, we have a manual verification process to help regain access to your PX account. To get started, please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll need to answer several questions related to your account. The verification procedure may take up to 48 hours.
Please sign in to leave a comment.