With PX disposition, you can attribute your performance on a lead/call basis as well as upload custom values for additional tracking. This gives insights into your sales funnel, source-specific, and overall campaign performance. Uploading disposition data is an easy process as PX remembers your file format and mapped fields.
To upload a disposition file, go to Disposition management and navigate to Upload file block.
Uploading procedure can consist of three steps:
Formatting your file correctly is important, so make sure it meets all the requirements.
Format your disposition file
There are the following requirements for the disposition file:
- The file must be in CSV format and contain 1 worksheet;
- The file size range is between 96 bytes and 10 MB;
- The file must contain a status column and email/lead GUID for leads or caller ID/call GUID for calls;
- Include column headers to make the mapping procedure in Step 2 more convenient.
- See lead and call disposition example files at the end of the article or view file examples for different verticals.
Upload files with the same leads or calls as many times as you need, their status will be updated accordingly.
Use services to check your CSV files, for example, CSV Lint.
Step 1. Upload file
To upload the disposition file, perform the following:
- select category type (Leads or Calls)
- select a buyer (available for admin and MBA user accounts)
- select multiple lead campaigns or one call campaign
- drag and drop the file or click to select it.
Click Next to proceed. If there's something wrong with the file, an error message will be displayed.
Upload disposition for multiple lead campaigns at once.
For Calls category, upload disposition files separately for each campaign. Make sure your file contains leads bought by only one call campaign selected above, otherwise, call statuses won't be updated correctly.
Step 2. Map file headers
On the next step, map columns between the uploaded file and PX settings:
- Email and/or Lead GUID for leads
- Caller ID and/or Call GUID for calls
- Custom value 1, 2, 3:
Next time when you upload the file with the same structure, fields will be mapped automatically.
- If the uploaded file contains headers, click Yes and map each of the required fields to column headers in the file. Enter the necessary number in a Search field if there's no item you need on the list.
- If the uploaded file does not contain headers, click No. Сount columns manually in your file and map each of the required fields to appropriate column numbers.
If there is no corresponding column in the uploaded file, select My file doesn’t have this column option.
At least one of Email/Caller ID and Lead/Call GUID columns must be mapped, so avoid selecting this checkbox for both of them. Otherwise, the file won't be processed correctly.
- Only numbers are accepted as custom values. Letters, special characters and empty fields aren't taken into account and don’t affect previous disposition changes.
- Set 0 as a custom value to remove previously uploaded results.
Click Process as soon as you're done.
Step 3. Map statuses
On this step, map each status specified in the uploaded file to one of standard PX statuses, which are closest in meaning:
- Use Reset status to discard previously mapped disposition status.
- Follow How to map lead disposition statuses article for more information.
If you uploaded files before, click Review previously mapped fields to view the fields that were mapped automatically according to previous uploads and change them if necessary:
Click Back to return to the previous step (all your configurations on the current step will be saved).
Click Process to finish the file upload. If everything is mapped correctly, the information about the uploaded file appears in Dispositions table below.
Track lead and call disposition data uploaded on Source management page.