Round Robin is the strategy of shared sales model that ensures even distribution of leads between several campaigns within one leg. This is achieved by routing incoming leads to these campaigns in turns based on their order.
How Round Robin Works
When several shared campaigns are grouped under one leg name, the lead can be sold to only one of them. By default, the lead is routed to the campaign with the highest bid in the leg. This may lead to the situation when all Leads are routed to the same campaign, and other campaigns with lower bids do not receive Leads at all.
Nevertheless, If you wish to ensure that all campaigns receive leads, you can enable Round Robin for this vertical. This will allow you to order all campaigns within one leg so that they receive leads in turns.
For example, there are three shared campaigns in some vertical (Campaign 1, Campaign 2 and Campaign 3), grouped under Leg 1. If Round Robin is configured for this vertical, initially the lead distribution will go through the following rounds:
- 1 - 2 - 3;
- 2 - 3 - 1;
- 3 - 1 - 2;
- 1 - 2 - 3, etc.
In practice, in 1 -2 -3 round, If Campaign 1 does not buy the lead for some reasons, it will be routed to Campaign 2. Then, if Campaign 2 buys the lead, next round will be 3 - 1 - 2, meaning that the campaign that bought the lead goes to the end of the next round.
When Round Robin Sales Strategy Is Useful
Round Robin is configured per vertical by specifying a percentage of leads that you wish to be evenly distributed between сampaigns.
For example, you have several campaigns in Auto vertical that give high bids, while the rest of campaigns respond with lower bids.
In this case, you can configure that 60% of the leads in Auto vertical are sold Round Robin within each leg in order to provide all of your buyers with the leads. The remaining 40% will be sold in a usual way, e.g. to campaigns that provide the highest bids.
In such a way, you achieve two goals:
- You receive revenue from campaigns that provide high bids;
- Leads are distributed between all campaigns within each leg, so all your buyers in this vertical are satisfied.
How to Configure Round Robin
In order to enable Round Robin sales strategy, it must be configured on a vertical level as a percentage of leads as well as for each campaign that you wish to participate in the distribution.
To configure Round Robin percentage per vertical, follow these steps:
1. Go to Admin -> Internal Settings, navigate to Shared Model section and click the pencil icon to edit it.
2. Find Leg Round Robin Perc field for the desired vertical (Auto, Home Security, Mortgage or Solar) and enter the percentage you need (for example, 70%):
If you need to enable Round Robin option for other verticals, contact our Support Department.
To configure Round Robin for several campaigns, perform the following for each of them:
1. Go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign, click Action -> Campaign Settings.
2. Navigate to General settings and click the pencil icon to edit them.
3. Select Shared in Buyer Type drop-down menu.
4. Enter a Leg Name into the corresponding field:
As soon as these configurations are done, corresponding campaigns will receive 70% of incoming leads from this vertical in a Round Robin scenario.
Tips and Tricks
Round Robin sales strategy is intended to work only with shared leads and campaigns. However, there is a useful case when this functionality can be configured for exclusive leads.
For example, there is Publisher 1 in Mortgage vertical and two exclusive vampaigns: Campaign A and Campaign B. Let’s suppose that leads from Publisher 1 must be sold only to campaigns A and B, exclusively and in turns.
Any shared lead can be sold to only one campaign under each leg name, so this functionality can help us sell leads exclusively if we group these campaigns under a certain leg.
Make the following configurations:
1. Go to Admin -> Internal Settings -> Shared Model and enter 100 into Mortgage Leg Round Robin Perc field (in order to ensure that all incoming leads in Mortgage vertical participate in Round Robin rotation).
2. Set Sales Model of campaigns A and B to Shared and set Leg Name 1 for both of them (in order to avoid the situation that the lead is sold to both of these campaigns)
3. Go to Filter Management of these two campaigns and set the filter by Publisher ID (so that both of them receive leads from Publisher 1).
In such a way, these leads will be sold on an exclusive basis within the common leg.
Please sign in to leave a comment.