Publisher (also called an affiliate) is the company specialized in bringing the buyer’s products and services to a wider audience. API Publishers have their own sources of lead generation and send their leads directly to PX API.
How to access
To change settings of the existing publisher, go to Admin -> Publishers, find the desired publisher and click Action -> Edit.
A new page appears, divided into the following sections, that become available depending on the publisher's account type:
- Publisher settings
- Payout rules - link to payout management of the publisher.
- Manage Sub IDs - link to Sub ID management page.
To change settings in the desired block, click Edit.
General settings include the basic information specified during the process of publisher creation and settings related to ping post:
1. Account type – select account type that affects a set of available fields and blocks for configuration.
Follow Call publisher settings article to read about call publishes.
2. Publisher ID is a unique ID of the publisher in the PX platform.
3. Traffic type - the type of the publisher depending on how leads are captured (Mobile, Call Center, Search, Email, Premium Display, Path, Contextual, Mobile Premium Display, Offer Wall, Mobile Path, All/Mixed or Undefined).
4. Publisher name - the internal name of the publisher.
5. Fixed pricing - click Yes to pay a fixed amount for each lead from this publisher.
6. Ping post type - set one of ping post types or select None to set Direct post for this publisher.
7. Margin (85% by default) - set margin percentage for this publisher. Margin field is changed to Publisher's share if Fixed pricing is set to No.
8. Fixed price is the amount of money that you pay to the publisher for each lead when Fixed pricing is enabled. This field allows firing pixels for leads only when the amount of the fixed price is reached.
9. Min price - the minimum amount of money that this publisher wants to receive for each of their leads. In other words, if сampaign's bid is less than Min price, the lead won't be sold to this сampaign.
- For ping post publishers, when the campaign's bid is lower than Min price on ping, Bid too low error is sent to the publisher's response and displayed in Transactions ping post report.
- If the direct post publisher sends another Min price in the lead request, it has a higher priority than Min price in Publisher settings.
The next several fields are available if Ping post type isn't set to None:
10. Bid floor field is used to calculate the minimum price, for which the lead should be sold (Minimum Price = Bid Price * Bid Floor).
- It is recommended setting Bid floor higher than publisher’s Margin unless you have specific goals.
- If you leave Bid floor as 0, Min price for leads inserted by this publisher will be 0 as well.
11. Ping timeout (25s by default) – the maximum period of time, during which PX must send a ping response to the publisher with a bid
If Ping post type is set to Ping Forwarding, bids sent from buyers later than is selected in Ping timeout field aren't taken into account.
12. Post timeout (45 seconds by default) - set the maximum period of time, during which PX must respond to the publisher's post request. When post transaction is rejected because of the timeout, the publisher receives Unable to monetize message.
13. Leg naming - select whether Legname or Hashed Legname should be used for this publisher. The field is available only when one of shared ping post types is selected.
The next fields are the following:
14. Status - assign one of the statuses to the publisher (Prepublished or Published).
15. Modify Date – the date when publisher settings were edited.
Advanced block includes the following fields:
1. Description – basic description of the publisher.
2. Passback settings - select parameters that should be sent to the publisher if pass back is configured for this publisher (Sold, Real Payout, Redirect URL, Buyer Raw Response, Buyer GUID, DID)
Specify the physical address of the publisher. Click Edit to change the information:
Fill in the necessary information about the contact person related to this publisher:
The last Add Additional Contact Info field allows you to select additional fields that you want to be displayed in this section:
As soon as fields are selected, they appear in the field and in Contact Info section. Find the necessary field and mark the checkbox:
- Billing cycle - the period that shows how often bills from this publisher are formed in Publisher billing (Week or Month).
View the list of buyers connected to this publisher under one PMP account.
To disable one of connected buyers, click Action -> Disable.
To restore private connection, click Add buyer:
Select the buyer from the available list and click Create connection:
Connection status in the table below becomes Enabled:
View and manage user accounts for this publisher according to instructions in PMP account settings article.
View or generate a token for API publisher to provide them with access to PX API so that they can post leads in HTTP format.
If there's no token yet, click Generate to create a partner token for this publisher:
Click copy icon to copy the token to your clipboard.
To deactivate a token and disable publisher's access to API, click Revoke. To generate a new token, click Regenerate.
Margin per leg
This section shows the list of legs, for which bidding settings are already configured:
Click Assign Margin to configure the margin or fixed price for a new leg.
To set margin per leg, select the desired leg in Leg Name drop-down, click Margin per Leg and enter the Margin percentage that will be applied to this leg (for example, 80%A new row will appear in the table below. To edit or remove publisher margin for this leg, click Details:) and click Create:
To set a fixed price per leg, select the desired leg in Leg Name drop-down, click Fixed Price per Leg and enter Fixed Price that will be applied to this leg (for example, $20) and click Create:
A new row will appear in the table below. To edit or remove publisher settings for this leg, click Action -> Details:
To remove publisher settings for this leg, click Action -> Delete and Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
Configure lead verification by PX integration partners for this publisher:
1. Jornaya (100% by default) - set the chance of being checked by Jornaya service for each lead from this publisher.
2. Escore (20% by default) - set the chance of being checked by verification services configured in PX (eBureau, Neustar, etc.). Read more about Escore.
3. Forensiq - the chance of being checked by Forensiq service for each lead from this publisher.
10% set for any integration partner means that each lead has a 10% chance of being checked by this service.