Sites page provides admin users with an opportunity to create and edit sites displayed on Site Management page, where users can see campaign traffic on the site level, and track which sites leads are generated from.
How sites are created
The site can be created in PX in two ways:
- manually by PX managers on Sites admin page, where they can update site parameters and upload a logo that will be displayed on the site card. As soon as the site is created, lead sources will be automatically checked and connected to this site.
- automatically when publishers insert their leads from new sites that haven’t been created in the platform yet.
How to manage sites
To manage your sites, go to Admin -> Sites.
Site Management admin page appears:
The following columns are displayed:
1. Site ID - the unique ID of the site automatically generated during site creation.
2. Site Name shows the site domain captured during automatic creation or Unknown text if the domain wasn’t captured.
3. Vertical - a lead generation niche.
4. Created by - shows Publisher ID if the site was created automatically or admin user email - if the site was created manually.
5. Creation Date - the date when the site was created.
6. Site Status shows one of the 4 statuses
- Live (published) - the site was verified and approved by managers and includes a logo, name, and preview link opened in a new tab.
If Site Visible is set to No for a Live site, this means managers checked Pending site and disapproved it. The site became Live, the site ID is visible on the card and you can manage corresponding sources, but site logo and domain aren't visible for both admin and buyer user accounts.
- Paused (expired) status indicates that the site has some problems or doesn’t send leads at the moment and managers decided to hide this site from buyers.
- Pending (prepublished) - the site already exists in the system but hasn't been approved by managers yet. This status is assigned when the site is automatically created and includes a domain. Pending site cards are hidden for buyers.
- Upcoming (new) status is manually set by managers in order to create a site ahead of time while the publisher is still in the integration process. Upcoming site already includes all information required for approval. As soon as the lead comes in from such a site, status is automatically changed to Live.
Buyers can view details of the Upcoming site, but sources become available only when it goes Live. If Site Visible is set to No for Upcoming site, buyers don’t see the site card until it goes Live.
7. Site URL - the top or second-level site domain extracted from the site URL during automatic creation or entered by a manager during manual creation.
If the site is live and visible, site URL (Original URL sent by the publisher in the lead) can be sent to the campaign that bought the lead. For this purpose, SiteName field must be mapped on Step 2 of API configuration for this campaign.
8. Site Visible shows whether site details are visible to buyers (Yes or No). Buyers can see only site ID and name and no detailed information. No is set by default for all paused and pending sites.
9. Premium column shows whether the site is marked as a premium one for buyers (Yes or No).
10. Private - shows whether the site belongs to the private source (Yes or No).
How to create a new site
To create a new site manually, go to Admin -> Sites and click Create. A new page appears:
Fill in the site name and URL, as well as the following fields:
- TCPA Disclaimer - past the text that will be displayed on Compliance tab of the site page for buyers.
Calling instructions - enter instructions for call buyer campaigns.
Vertical - a lead generation niche of the site.
- Site Status - select the site status described in the above section.
- Use upsell logo - select Yes if you wish to use default Upsell logo for your site:
- Premium - select Yes if you wish the site to be marked with a premium icon for buyers Site Management, Source Management, and Site Page.
- Original Logo - if you have the site logo, click Upload to choose it and click Save. If the site is visible to buyers, all information about this site will be available on the Site Page.