Publisher Payout Management allows building smart bidding rules between PX platform and ping post publishers.
- Sub ID payout rule has a higher priority than publisher payout rule.
- Publisher payout rules have a higher priority than Margin or Spending configured in publisher settings.
- If the lead matches two payout rules, the highest payout amount is applied. For example, there is one rule to bid $6 on state California, and another one - to bid $10 on excellent credit rating. Then if the lead comes to the platform that matches both of these rules, $10 rule will be applied to this lead.
- Nevertheless, you can change this setting to apply the lowest or average payout.
How to Access Publisher Payout Management
To open payout management for the particular ping post publisher, go to Admin -> Publishers, find the desired publisher and click Action -> Payout rules.
Result board visualizes payout rules created in the construction kit. This scheme helps you understand what bids PX platform will send to the ping post publisher for the leads with specific criteria.
Construction kit enables the creation of complex and flexible payout rules with various Filter Rules, interacting with the help of And / Or statements.
How to Set Payout Rules for the Publisher
Follow the instructions:
1. Select Spending or Margin, depending on your preferences, and click Add rule:
- Select only one bidding type per publisher - Margin (%) or Spending ($), otherwise, rules won’t be processed.
- If you create payout rules for Spending, make sure Fixed Pricing is set to Yes in publisher settings.
2. In the new field, enter the Spending amount (or margin percentage) that you’re going to pay for each lead that will match the payout rule configured on the next step:
3. Click Add criteria and select one of two options from the drop-down that appears (Filter Rule or And / Or statement) -> click Add:
4. Configure a Filter rule by selecting the appropriate field from the drop-down list:
The list of fields in the dropdown varies according to a vertical selected. Use Search to find the field you need.
5. Select one of the conditions from the new drop-down menu:
6. Enter a value to a field that appeared. It can have different formats according to previous selections.
To delete a payout rule, click the corresponding icon -> Yes in a dialog box.
Click Save to save payout rules designed. Click Revert to undo all the changes after your last saving.
How to Set Payout Rules for Publisher Sub ID
Go to Admin -> Publishers, find the desired ping post publisher and click Action -> Manage Sub IDs:
On a new page, click Action -> Payout rules:
Follow instructions from the previous section.
- Select only one bidding type per sub ID - Margin (%) or Spending ($), otherwise, these rules won’t be processed.
- If you create payout rules for Spending, make sure Fixed Pricing is set to Yes in the corresponding sub ID settings.
Payout Rules in Transactions Ping Post Report
In case publisher’s Margin was overruled by publisher payouts, Price Calculation pop-up in Transactions Ping Post Report includes the icon next to Margin field with a tooltip: Default publisher margin was overruled by payout rules.
If Spending was modified, the icon is displayed next to Payout field and the tooltip is displayed: Default publisher Spending was overruled by payout rules: