Source management is the core page of the platform that provides you with an opportunity to quickly analyze and optimize the campaign performance based on disposition data for each source presented on one page. You can easily correlate performance and compliance with sources and make more informed decisions.
Track your performance per each source, publisher, site and traffic type in the platform. You can also view the sales funnel graph, add payout rules and set daily capacity and budget either for the whole campaign or for specific sources, straightaway from one page.
Buyers that regularly upload disposition data will make the most of source management.
How to access
There're several ways to access Source management:
- Go to Sources, select the desired campaign and click Appy filter:
- Go to Dashboard, navigate to Sales funnel card and click Manage your sources:
- go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign and click Action -> Source Management:
Source management columns
Source management page includes the brief description and the date when the last disposition file was uploaded (if there was any).
The page includes 3 tabs:
- All sources tab shows data about all sources in the PX platform available for the selected campaign.
- PX open exchange tab includes only open PX sources available.
- Private marketplaces tab shows private sources available for this campaign. This tab is gouped by Publisher by default.
Click any column heading to sort the spreadsheet down, click one more time to sort it up.
You can also select columns to display, including general and disposition data points. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select necessary checkboxes:
The following columns are displayed by default (with Traffic Types selected in Group by list):
1. Type - the traffic type of the source.
2. Available leads - the number of available leads from this source in the campaign vertical.
3. Daily budget - the maximum daily budget amount for a specific traffic type, publisher or site. Total row shows the maximum daily budget set in campaign settings.
4. Daily leads cap - daily leads capacity for a specific traffic type, publisher or site. Total row shows the maximum daily number of leads set in campaign settings.
To edit total and source-specific budgets and caps, follow Manage daily volume in Source management article.
5. Leads - the number of leads bought from this source during the selected period.
The next 7 columns are based on uploaded disposition data. Some of them are not displayed by default and can be selected in column settings.
6. Contacted - the number of leads with Contacted status uploaded in disposition files.
7. Interested - the number of leads with Interested status uploaded in disposition files.
8. Quoted - the number of leads with Quoted status uploaded in disposition files.
9. Appointment - the number of leads with Appointment status uploaded in disposition files.
10. Sales - the number of leads with Sale status uploaded in disposition files.
11. Custom value 1, 2, 3 - average values calculated from custom values provided during disposition update (i.e. 117,161.75 (4) means that custom values for 4 leads were provided, resulting in 117,161.75 as an average). Select different groupings to view custom values per each site, publisher, or source.
12. CPA - calculated CPA based on disposition files uploaded.
13. CPL - average cost per lead from each source (traffic type, publisher, or site, depending on the grouping selected). CPL is calculated as the ratio of total payout for leads from this source to the number of leads bought for the selected period.
14. Quality - an objective quality score on every source you buy from through PX:
- Excellent (71 - 100) - source performs excellently across the entire sales funnel;
- Good (31 - 70) - source performs well across the entire or partial sections of the sales funnel;
- Poor (1 - 30) - source performs below average;
- None (0) - no source performance data;
- New source - the source is new and there aren’t enough leads yet to assess its quality.
Source quality score is customized to your campaigns, adapts to conditions in real-time and considers the entire customer acquisition process. It also makes it much clearer to see where you have opportunities.
When Sources or Publishers are selected in Group by list, additional columns are displayed:
1. Source ID (for sources only) - the ID of the source that consists of site ID, publisher ID and the last 3 characters of sub ID.
2. Publisher ID (for publishers only) - the unique ID of the lead publisher.
For grouping by sources, sites, and publishers, Action menu is available. It's displayed for all sources that are paused or off, and visible when hovering over sources that are on or prioritized:
You can pause/unpause, prioritize/deprioritize sources and set payout rules (for direct post campaigns).
Select campaign mode
Set the status for your campaign in order to start or pause the lead flow. Click the icon near Select campaign field and select one of the following options:
- Active - All sources - the campaign is connected to all existing sources. It means that all leads from all publishers and sites from the corresponding vertical will be proposed to your campaign. You still can pause sources that are not relevant for this campaign.
- Active - Selective sources - the campaign is active but disconnected from all the sources, but you can prioritize relevant sources and the campaign will get traffic filtered according to your priorities.
To receive all traffic, make sure you select All Sources. To specify each source you wish to receive, choose Selective Sources option.
- Inactive - Campaign off - the campaign will be paused and disconnected from all the sources. It stops receiving traffic until you select one of the active modes. By default, each newly created сampaigns are set to off.
Therefore, in order to publish a new campaign and activate the lead flow for it, perform one of the following:
- Select All sources and pause sources that are not relevant.
- Select Selective sources and prioritize sources that are relevant.
When you change the campaign status, please wait until the confirmation pop-up is fully loaded and closed (maximum 7 seconds). This time is necessary for notifying all related platform components about this change.
Updating all PX reports after campaign status change may take up to 15 minutes.
Grouping and filtering
You can group the table and replace the first column using Group by list. All values will be recalculated:
Sources – the table is grouped by source ID with options to pause/unpause or prioritize/deprioritize the particular source.
- Publishers – the table is grouped by publisher ID with options to pause/unpause, prioritize/deprioritize the particular publisher.
- Traffic Types – allows configuring payout rules for the campaign depending on the specific type of traffic.
- Sites (available only for advanced buyers) – the table is grouped by site ID and you can pause or unpause any site.
The page can be also filtered by date and source status.
To filter the table by date, click the date picker in the top right corner and select the preferred period. Alternatively, click the first and last dates of the period in the calendar:
Select one or several statuses and click Appy filter to stretch the coverage and make corresponding adjustments:
Click Graph to view Sales funnel chart that visualizes steps of the sales funnel according to disposition statuses. Each step shows the conversion percentage from the previous step and the number of leads. The step considered the goal is highlighted in green:
Hover over the status bar to view average custom value for the selected campaign and date range.
Read more about sales funnel.