Daily Margin Report is an extensive overview, which provides a real-time insight into your total and forecasted revenues, spending, lead returns and margin on a daily basis. This report also includes a wide range of filtering options that ensure you get the necessary information in a variety of different spreadsheets. Daily Margin is usually the most used report in PX platform.
Daily Margin Spreadsheet
To view this report, go to Reports -> Daily Margin Report.
In addition to the Total row included by almost all reports, Daily Margin spreadsheet contains Forecast row, which shows forecasted values for all columns, based on current month data.
Point the cursor on any value in the spreadsheet to see the tooltip with details for each category:
This tooltip will show as many categories as you select in Buyer category filter.
Daily Margin spreadsheet can be sorted by columns. Click any column heading to sort the spreadsheet down, click one more time to sort it up.
You can also select columns to display, depending on the information you need. To modify the spreadsheet, click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select necessary checkboxes.
The following columns are displayed by default:
- Period shows a month, week, day or hour (depending on the filter selected above), for which the information is presented. Click week period to view the report for days of this week. Click day period to view the report for hours of this day.
- Lead Submits show how many leads were sent from Publishers to PX.
- Leads show how many submitted leads were sold to buyers.
- Revenues – the money earned by PX owner.
- RPL – average revenue for one Lead for this period (the ratio of Revenues to Leads).
- RPLS – average revenue for one submitted lead for this period (the ratio of Revenues to Lead Submits).
- Net Leads – the number of leads, which PX reported to publishers.
- Spending shows money paid by PX owner for the traffic to the publisher.
- Net Spending shows the difference between Spending and Forecast Pub Return.
- Margin – margin received by PX owner (the difference between Revenues and Spending).
- Net Margin shows the difference between Net Revenues and Net Spending.
- Margin % – shows the ratio of Margin to Revenues in percentage.
- Net Margin % shows the ratio of Net Margin to Net Revenues in percentage.
- Lead Quality – average quality score of leads.
Other columns that can be selected for display:
- Sold Ratio – the ratio of Leads to Lead Submits.
- Sold Times column shows the average number of sales per one shared lead for the selected period (or other parameter selected in the red filter).
- Sold Shared % is the ratio of leads sold in shared sales model to the total number of leads.
- Upsell Revenues – the PX revenue for upsell leadsUpsell Leads.
- Forecast Return – forecasted lead returns from buyers to PX, calculated according to return history for the last closed period.
- Net Revenues – the difference between Revenues and Forecast Return.
- Forecast Pub Return – forecasted lead returns from PX to Publishers, calculated according to return history for the last closed period.
- CPL (Cost per Lead) – average cost for one sold lead for this period.
- CPLS (Cost per Lead Submitted) – the average cost per one submitted (accepted by PX) lead for this period.
Next two columns are shown only is the report is filtered by the particular publisher.
- Pub Margin shows Margin configured in Publisher Settings.
- Add Upsell to Balance shows if this option is enabled in Publisher Settings (Yes or No).
CPLS is one of the most important metrics as it is influenced by many parameters. You can monitor it regularly to track changes. If CPLS has decreased, you can look deeper and check what parameter (RPL, number of leads, etc.) affects it.
Other filters that can be selected (replacing the first column of the spreadsheet and recalculating all values):
- Period (Week, Day or Hour).
- Publisher manager – a manager assigned to publishers.
- Vertical - a lead generation niche where PX carries out its activity.
- Quality tier – the quality category of the lead source (Excellent, Very good, Good, Fair, Below average or Poor).
Daily Margin Report spreadsheet can be filtered by date, by Publisher, by Vertical, by Buyer Category (Lead, Call, Click, Data, Other), and also includes a red customizable filter.
To filter the report by date, click on the date picker and select the preferred period or click the first and last dates of the period in the calendar.
To filter the report by other parameters, use corresponding drop-down menus:
If you select a particular publisher, Publisher Sub ID filter appears:
Enter the necessary value in a Search field if there is no item you need in the list.
Click Reset to view all items in the list.
The red filter allows you customizing Daily Margin Report using filtering by period (Hour, Day, Week, Month), Publisher Manager, Offer ID, Vertical or Quality Tier.
Each selected filter will change the spreadsheet by replacing the first column and showing other values according to the filter.
Click Reset to view default item (Day).
To visualize Daily Margin Report, click the black drop-down list and select one of alternative charts (Bubble or Stacked Area Chart):
Stacked Area Chart
Stacked Area Chart has two filters (blue and green) where two columns of the Daily Margin Report can be selected for visual display:
Place the cursor on any point to see the tooltip.
When Bubble Chart is selected, three new filters appear (blue, green and red). These filters allow you to select three different columns of the Daily Margin Report for visualization.
Point the cursor on any bubble to see the tooltip.
To export Daily Margin report, click Export Your Report at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Export Data pop-up window appears:
Choose preferred separator (comma, semicolon or pipe) and click Proceed. A tooltip will appear in the upper right corner of the screen:
Click the tooltip to dismiss it.
You will receive the following notification as soon as the report is ready for download:
To download the report as soon as it is ready, go to Reports -> Export Downloads.
A page will appear showing all recently requested reports.
To download the report, click Action -> Download as CSV or XLSX file.