Daily margin report is an extensive overview, which provides real-time insight into your total and forecasted revenues, spending, lead returns and margin on a daily basis. This report also includes a wide range of filtering options that ensure you get the necessary information in a variety of different spreadsheets. Daily Margin is usually the most used report in PX platform.
Daily margin report columns
To view this report, go to Reports -> Daily margin report.
Point the cursor on any value in the spreadsheet to see the tooltip with details for each category:
This tooltip will show as many categories as you select in category filter.
Click any column heading to sort the report down, click one more time to sort it up.
Select columns to display depending on the information you need. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select necessary data points.
The following columns are displayed by default:
- Period shows a month, week, day or hour (depending on the filter selected above), for which the information is presented. Click week period to view the report for days of this week. Click day period to view the report for hours of this day.
- Lead Submits show how many leads were sent from publishers to PX.
- Leads show how many submitted leads were sold to buyers.
- Revenues – the money earned by PX.
- RPL – average revenue for one lead for this period (the ratio of Revenues to Leads).
- RPLS – average revenue for one submitted lead for this period (the ratio of Revenues to Lead Submits).
- Net Leads – the number of leads, which PX reported to publishers.
- Spending shows money paid by PX for the traffic to the publisher.
- Net Spending shows the difference between Spending and Forecast Pub Return.
- Margin – margin received by PX (the difference between Revenues and Spending).
- Net Margin shows the difference between Net Revenues and Net Spending.
- Margin % – shows the ratio of Margin to Revenues in percentage.
- Net Margin % shows the ratio of Net Margin to Net Revenues in percentage.
- Lead Quality – average quality score of leads.
Other columns that can be selected for display:
- Sold Ratio – the ratio of Leads to Lead Submits.
- Sold Times column shows the average number of sales per one shared lead for the selected period (or other parameter selected in the red filter).
- Sold Shared % is the ratio of leads sold in shared sales model to the total number of leads.
- Upsell Revenues – the PX revenue for upsell leadsUpsell Leads.
- Forecast Return – forecasted lead returns from buyers to PX, calculated according to return history for the last closed period.
- Net Revenues – the difference between Revenues and Forecast Return.
- Forecast Pub Return – forecasted lead returns from PX to publishers, calculated according to return history for the last closed period.
- CPL (Cost per Lead) – the average cost for one sold lead for this period.
- CPLS (Cost per Lead Submitted) – the average cost per one submitted (accepted by PX) lead for this period.
Next two columns are shown only is the report is filtered by the particular publisher.
- Pub Margin shows Margin configured in publishes settings.
- Add Upsell to Balance shows if this option is enabled in publisher settings (Yes or No).
CPLS is one of the most important metrics as it is influenced by many parameters. You can monitor it regularly to track changes. If CPLS has decreased, you can look deeper and check what parameter (RPL, number of leads, etc.) affected it.
Grouping & filtering
The report can be filtered by date, publisher, vertical and category (Lead, Call, Click, Data, Other).
To filter the report by date, click on the date picker and select the preferred period or click the first and last dates of the period in the calendar.
To filter the report by other parameters, use corresponding drop-down menus. If you select a particular publisher, publisher sub ID filter appears:
Enter the necessary item in a Search field if there's no item you need in the list. Click Reset to select all items in the list.
You can also group the report by period (Hour, Day, Week, Month), Publisher Manager, Offer ID, Vertical or Quality Tier:
Each selected filter will change the spreadsheet by replacing the first column and showing other values according to the filter.
Click Reset to view default item (Day).
To visualize the report, select Stacked area chart in Graph list:
Stacked area chart has two filters where any two columns of the report can be selected for visual display:
Place the cursor on any point to see the tooltip.
To export the report, click Export Your Report above the table. Export data pop-up window will appear:
Choose the preferred separator and click Proceed.
You'll be notified as soon as the export file is ready. To download it, go to Reports -> Export Downloads. A page will appear showing all recently requested reports.
Click Action -> Download as CSV or XLSX file.