Publisher (also called an affiliate) is the company specialized in bringing the buyer’s products and services to a wider audience.
To edit the existing publisher, go to Admin -> Publishers, find the desired publisher and click Action -> Edit.
A new page appears, divided into eight sections:
- Tracking Data
- Contact Info
- Address Information
- User Management
- Offer Pixels
- Offer Payouts
- Offer Access
- Margin per Leg
Click the pencil icon near the section name to edit it.
Traffic Type section contains only one field:
Account Type – select one of two publisher types:
- Common Publishers use offers, publish PX form on their web site and bring traffic to it. Then the form converts information entered by the end-user into the lead request and sends it to PX.
- API Publishers have their own sources of lead generation and send their leads directly to PX API.
General section includes the basic information specified during the process of publisher creation. The set of fields is divided into several General and Advanced settings.
1. Publisher ID is a unique ID of the publisher in PX platform.
2. Modify Date – the date when publisher settings were edited.
3. Publisher Name - the internal name of the publisher that can be edited. This name is not displayed to the publisher.
4. Type - determine the type of the publisher depending on how leads are captured (Mobile, Call Center, Search, Email, Premium Display, Path, Contextual, Mobile Premium Display, Offer Wall, Mobile Path, All/Mixed or Undefined).
5. Status - assign one of the statuses to the publisher (New, Prepublished, Published, Blocked, Expired, Deleted, Initial, Follow Up, Overruled, Purged).
6. Publisher Tier – assign the publisher to one of the tiers (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Nickel or Coal), lead quality categories for lead sources.
Publisher Tier setting allows filtering leads by Publisher Sub Type in campaign’s Filter Management.
7. Escore Check Percentage (20% by default) - set the percentage of leads from this publisher that should be checked by verification services configured in PX (eBureau, Neustar, etc.)
8. Fraud Check Percentage - enter the percentage of leads from this publisher that should be checked by verification services configured in PX (eBureau, Neustar, etc.). Read more about fraud score.
The next set of fields:
9. Fixed Pricing - click Yes to pay a fixed price to the publisher or No to pay a percentage of the sale.
10. Margin (85% by default) - set margin percentage for this publisher. This option depends on the Access Mode selected.
If Fixed Pricing is set to No, Margin field is changed to Publisher's Share:
11. Fixed Price is the amount of money that you pay to the publisher for each lead in case Fixed Pricing option is enabled. This field allows firing pixel for leads only when the amount of the fixed price is reached.
For example, if Fixed Pricing is set to Yes, and Fixed Price is set to $20 for a publisher. When the lead is sold, the system checks current publisher balance. If $20 have been reached, the pixel is sent to the tracking system of the publisher. If no (e.g. if balance was negative)- pixel will be sent as soon as Fixed Price amount is reached.
12. Bid Floor field is available only when some Ping Post Type is selected below. This field is used to calculate the minimum price, for which the lead should be sold (Minimum Price = Bid Price * Bid Floor).
It recommended setting Bid Floor higher than Margin unless you have specific goals.
13. Min Price field allows specifying the minimum amount of money that the publisher wants to receive for each of their leads. In other words, if сampaign's bid is less then Min Price specified, the lead will not be sold to this сampaign.
14. Lead Return Percentage - enter the limit of how many leads can be returned to the publisher or select one of the following options:
- No returns - if no leads can be returned;
- Regular Returns - if there is no limit for lead returns:
15. Add Upsell to Balance - click Yes to add the revenue received for upsell leads to the publisher’s balance. In this case, the amount of (Upsell revenue*Margin %) will be added to publisher balance calculation.
Upsell leads are leads captured when an Internet user, after submitting one form, clicks on another offer on the end page. All forms, which are submitted after the first one, become upsell leads and usually are added PX revenue. However, if Add Upsell to Balance is set to Yes, it improves publisher performance since the pixels are sent more often and publisher revenue increases.
15. Ping Post Type - select one of ping post types or None to disable it for this publisher. Next several fields appear if some ping post type is selected.
16. Bid Type – select one of the bid types (None, Calculation, Correction, Correction to 0).
17. Ping Timeout – set the maximum period of time, during which PX must send a ping response with a bid to the publisher.
If Ping Forwarding is enabled, bids sent from buyers after selected Ping Timeout period are not taken into account.
18. Leg Name - select whether Leg Name or Hashed Legname should be used for this publisher. The field is available only when Ping Post Type is set to Shared Prediction or Forwarding:
Advanced set of fields:
19. Description – enter a basic description of the publisher.
20. Quality Score - enter the quality score floor for this publisher.
21. Leading Balance - select at which level you wish to balance this publisher:
- Publisher Total - balancing on the publisher level as a whole.
- Publisher Sub - balancing on the source level (e.g. useful for call centers for each employee)
- Publisher Sub and Campaign (for large publishers that are active in multiple verticals, for each Lead Campaign (survey).
22. Start Balance – enter the start balance amount for this publisher in order to give him a head start in the beginning (according to agreements with the publisher).
23. Max Negative Balance allows specifying the maximum negative balance acceptable for this publisher in order to avoid losing more money than is indicated.
24. Access Mode - select the mode indicating when this publisher should be paid:
- Standard mode - margin is the percentage of the payout for each lead received from buyers, for which you wish to send a tracking pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that 75% of the payout is pixeled to the publisher).
- Lead Submit mode - margin is the percentage of leads submitted by PX, which you wish to pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that pixels are sent in 75% cases when the publisher’s leads are submitted by PX).
- Sold Lead mode - margin is the percentage of leads sold to buyers, which you wish to pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that pixels are sent in 75% cases when the publisher’s leads are sold to buyers).
25. Outbid Percentage - set the percentage of the Corrected bid, by which the lead price will be increased in the ping stage (Increased Price = Bid Price+Bid Price*Outbid Percentage).
26. Outbid Percentage % - enter the percentage of leads of this publisher, to which Outbid Percentage should be applied.
These two fields are available only when certain Ping Post Type is selected above.
27. Passback Settings - select parameters that should be sent to the publisher if there is pass back configured for this publisher:
Tracking Data section contains only one field:
Publisher Manager – select one of the managers from the drop-down list and click Save.
Fill in the necessary information about the contact person related to this publisher:
The last Add Additional Contact Info field allows you to select additional fields that you want to be displayed in this section:
As soon as fields are selected, they appear in the field and in Contact Info section. Fill in the necessary information and click Save:
Address Information allows you to specify the physical address of the publisher. Click the pencil icon to enter the information:
User Management section allows to view, edit or delete user accounts for this publisher. Follow this article for more details.
Pixel is a tracking method that allows publishers to invisibly check that a user has accessed some content. Creating an Offer pixel allows the publisher to track conversions in real time in their own tracking system. For this purpose, they provide you with their conversion pixel/URL with which you can notify them of conversions.
Offer Pixels section allows to create pixels for this publisher and shows the list of pixels already created:
To create a new Offer pixel, click Create Offer Pixel and fill in the following fields:
1. Offer ID - select the Offer, for which you want to create a pixel.2. Type - select one of the following pixel types:
- Image Pixel - for HTTP or HTTPS image pixel-based tracking.
Postback URL - for Server Postback tracking with Transaction ID or Affiliate ID. Make sure that Postback URL provided by Publisher contains aff_sub2 parameter, which is mandatory.
Type of tracking is configured in Conversion Tracking field in Advanced Settings of the Offer.
3. Code - paste here the code received from the publisher.
Click Save as soon as you are done.
As soon as the pixel is created, it appears in the spreadsheet below with the following columns:
- Offer Pixel ID - the unique ID of the pixel in PX platform.
- Offer Name - the name of the Offer specified during offer creation.
- Offer Pixel Status - status of the pixel (active, paused, rejected, deleted).
- Type - pixel tracking type (URL, code, image)
Click Preview to view the pixel code:
Click Action -> Test to go to Offer Pixel Settings and test this pixel.
Click Action -> Delete to remove this pixel and then click Yes to confirm your action:
Pixels can be also managed on Offer Pixels page.
Offer Payouts section allows to view and create custom payouts for this publisher by setting specific payout, revenue, and caps based on traffic volume, conversion quality, or your working relationship with this Publisher.
Note! Custom payout, revenue, and caps configured per publisher have a higher priority than default values in offer settings.
To create a new offer payout, click Create and fill in the following fields:
1. Offer ID - select the offer, for which you want to set custom payout rules and caps.
The following four fields are prefilled and show default payout and revenue set in General Info of the offer:
2. Default Payout - payout set when CPA, CPC, or CPM payout type is selected.
3. Percent Payout - payout set when Cost per Sale (CPS) payout type is selected.
4. Max Payout - revenue set when CPA, CPC, or CPM revenue type is selected.
5. Max Percent Payout - revenue set when Cost per Sale (CPS) payout type is selected.
The next four fields duplicate fields above and allow you specify another Payout and Revenue for this publisher:
Think which additional capacities you wish to set for this publisher and fill in the corresponding fields:
6. Conversion Cap - set the maximum number of conversions offer can receive per day.
7. Monthly Conversion Cap - set the maximum number of conversions offer can receive per month.
8. Payout Cap - set the maximum payout that offer can post per day.
9. Monthly Payout Cap - set the maximum payout that offer can post per month.
10. Revenue Cap - set the maximum revenue that offer can generate per day.
11. Monthly Revenue Cap - set the maximum revenue that offer can generate per month.
When any of offer's capacities is reached, traffic for that offer is redirected to another offer specified in General Info of this offer.
Click Save to save your changes. A new offer payout for this publisher will appear in the spreadsheet below. Click Delete to remove the offer payout.
Offer Access section allows you to manage access to various offer for this publisher. This section can contain up to three blocks, depending on previous configurations: Approved, Unapproved, and Blocked:
A new Publisher has only Unapproved block with the list of offers. To allow access to the offer, select the offer and click Approve. To block access to the offer, click Block - this means this publisher will not be able to access this offer and tracking links will not work. As soon as publisher access is changed, offers appear in the corresponding block.
- To find the particular offer in these lists, start entering offer name into Filter by Offer field.
- Hold CTRL button to select more than one offer at a time.
Margin per Leg
Margin per Leg section allows configuring margin or fixed pricing for particular legs. These settings are used in Shared Ping Post bidding process between the publisher and PX.
This section shows the list of legs, for which bidding settings are already configured:
Click Assign Margin to configure the margin or fixed price for a new leg.
To set margin per leg, select the desired leg in Leg Name drop-down, click Margin per Leg and enter the Margin percentage that will be applied to this leg (for example, 80%A new row will appear in the table below. To edit or remove publisher margin for this leg, click Details:) and click Create:
To set a fixed price per leg, select the desired leg in Leg Name drop-down, click Fixed Price per Leg and enter Fixed Price that will be applied to this leg (for example, $20) and click Create:
A new row will appear in the table below. To edit or remove publisher settings for this leg, click Details: