How to access
Access payout management from the following places:
- Go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign and click Action -> Payout Management.
- Go to desired campaign settings and click Payout Management in the left-side menu:
Default payout is the amount for which your campaign will buy leads that don’t match any of the payout rules.
To change the default payout, click Edit:
Depending on the campaign posting type and category, the following fields can be available:
- Direct Bid (for direct post campaigns) - the price that the campaign is willing to pay for a lead.
- Call payout and Call duration (for call campaigns) - read more in Call Campaign Settings article.
If Default payout block is view only according to your access level, contact your client success manager at PX to make desired configurations.
Conditional payout rules
This block shows a numbered list of all payout rules previously configured for this campaign.
Rules that are placed higher are applied first and have a higher priority.
Add/edit payout rule
Click Action -> Edit to change the existing rule or click Add payout rule to create a new one.
Add/edit payout rule block appears:
All existing rules become hidden but you can expand Conditional payout rules block anytime to look through them.
Basic configurations are the following:
1. Enter Payout that your campaign will pay for specific leads according to the rule you create.
2. Select the appropriate lead attribute from Attribute list:
The list of attributes in the dropdown varies according to a vertical selected. Start typing the attribute name in the Search field to find it.
3. Select one of the conditions from Match type list that appears:
4. Enter the Value (or select it from the list), to which the selected attribute should match in the lead. It can have different formats according to previous selections.
When one of the negative match types is selected (is not, not in a list, etc.), Mandatory filter rule checkbox appears. Select it if you wish to receive only leads that include selected attribute with a value in it. In this case, all leads with empty tag specified or without this tag at all, will not pass through the filter.
This field for payout rules works similarly to filter rules. Check Filter Management article for a specific example.
Click Preview changes to return to the full list of rules. As soon as you're done with payout rules editing for this campaign, click Apply changes.
Here is a set of payout rules as an example:
These payout rules determine the prices for the following leads:
- $30 for each lead from publishers 1111 and 2222 that comes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm.
- $35 for each lead from publishers 3333 and 4444, captured on Sunday.
- $50 for each lead from the publisher 5555 and sub IDs 15111, 16111, 17111, that comes from New York (NY) state.
- $45 for each lead from the publisher 6666 and Search traffic type.
Payout rules work independently. In case of conflict between different payout rules (e.g. a lead is not from Offer 56 but at the same time this lead is from District of Columbia), Default Payout is used. If the campaign receives the lead according to configurations in Source and Filter Management, but there is no payout rule for this lead, Default Payout is used as well.