Filter management enables you configuring lead traffic received by your particular campaign by creating a complex filter. Filter management complements Source management of the сampaign in order to provide you with full control over the leads flow.
How to access
Access Filter management from the following places:
- Go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign and click Action -> Filter management.
- Go to desired campaign settings and click Filter management in the left-side menu:
A new page appears showing a bulleted list of filter rules previously configured for this campaign:
To remove filters configured, click Remove all -> Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
Add/edit filter rule
Click Edit to change the existing filter or click Add filter if there're no filters configured yet.
Add/edit filter rule block appears:
To create a new filter, perform the following:
1. Select the appropriate lead attribute from Attribute list:
- The list of fields in the drop-down varies according to a vertical selected. Use Search field in the drop-down to find the field you need.
- Mandatory lead attributes are marked with asterisk (*).
2. Select one of the conditions from Match type list that appears:
The following match types are available:
Is / Is not - specify the value to which the lead attribute should / shouldn't match. For example, specific sub ID or source.
- In a list / Not in a list - indicate multiple possible values, so that if the attribute matches any of them - this lead is accepted by the campaign (or rejected - for Not in a list type). Use file upload for large lists for ZIP codes.
Greater / Less - enter maximum or minimum value accepted - useful for years or lead age.
- Between / Not between - enter a range of values accepted / filtered out - view examples for lead age or time.
- In part / Not in part - filter leads based on first attribute symbols (area codes, vehicle models, emails).
- Contain / Not contain - filter leads based on specific text in the lead attributes (for example, filter out leads that include dummy text in the email).
3. Enter the Value (or select it from the list), to which the selected attribute should match in the lead. Value format can vary according to previous selections.
The maximum number of items entered (IDs, phone numbers, ZIP codes, etc.) is limited to 250000.
To save the filter designed, click Preview changes, and you will be returned to the view mode. Click Apply changes to save your changes.
Create complex rules using And and Or statements and create as many layers as necessary using instructions in popular use cases.
Here is a filter of the campaign in Home Security vertical as an example:
According to this filter, leads will be routed to the campaign only if they meet all of the requirements:
- customers own their dwelling OR have a current security contract with Protect America company;
- the lead comes in from 8:00 till 21:00;
- lead's traffic type is not All/Mixed, Callcenter, Email, Path or Mobile Path;
- customer is from District of Columbia (DC).
The filter configuration looks like this:
Mandatory filter rule
When one of the negative match types is selected (is not, not in a list, etc.), Mandatory filter rule checkbox appears. Select it to receive only leads that include selected attribute with a value in it.
To receive only leads that include a certain parameter (ZIP code, Lead ID, State, etc.) with a value in it, select it as mandatory. In this case, all leads with empty tag specified or without this tag at all, will not pass through the filter.
For example, we need to exclude leads with certain ZIP codes:
- Select Demographic –> Zip Code in the Attribute list.
- Select Not in a list in the Match type field.
- Enter unwanted ZIP codes separated by a comma in the Value field, without spaces (10301,10302,10303 in our case).
- Select Mandatory filter rule checkbox.
This filter will make a ZIP code tag mandatory and exclude 10301,10302,10303 codes. Here is what this filter looks like:
For this particular example, condition will look like this:
|Not in a list
(10301, 10302, 10303)
|Will be included:
||Won't be included:
||1. Leads with all ZIP codes except 10301, 10302, 10303.
||1. Leads with 10301, 10302, 10303 ZIP codes;
2. Leads without ZIP code tags;
3. Leads with empty ZIP code tags.
||1. Leads with all ZIP codes except 10301, 10302, 10303;
2. Leads without ZIP code tags.
|1. Leads with 10301, 10302, 10303 ZIP codes;
2. Leads with empty ZIP code tags.
Filter management provides great opportunities for filtering incoming leads and calls by various attributes. Check the most useful cases:
Please sign in to leave a comment.