Filter Management enables you configuring lead traffic received by your particular campaign by creating a complex filter. Filter Management complements Source Management of the сampaign in order to provide you with a full control over the leads flow.
To open filter management for a particular campaign, go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign and click Action -> Filter Management.
The page consists of two parts: Result board and Construction kit:
This board visualizes a filter created in a construction kit. This scheme helps you understand which specific Leads can pass through a filter.
The first AND from the start is always put to the scheme automatically.
Construction kit enables the creation of complex and flexible filters with various Filter Rules, interacting with the help of And / Or statements.
To create a filter, click Add criteria and select one of two options from the drop-down list that appears (Filter Rule or And / Or statement) -> click Add.
The first statement is always AND by default. It is recommended to create an additional empty And / Or statement in case you need to add Or statement in a future. Otherwise, you will have to delete an existing rule and create it once more.
To configure a filter rule, as soon as it is created (see above), do the following:
1. Select a field from the drop-down list.
The list of fields in the dropdown varies according to a vertical selected. Use Search field in the drop-down to find the field you need.
2. Select one of conditions from the drop-down that appears (a list can be shorter for some of the fields).
3. Enter a value to a field that appeared. It can have different formats according to previous selections.
If there are more values than can be displayed in the field, click it to open the pop-up window for more handy editing:
To delete a condition, click corresponding icon -> Yes in a dialog box.
Click Save to save a filter designed. Click Revert to undo all the changes after your last saving.
Here is a complex filter as an example:
This is how the filter configured will affect the Leads flow:
1. Leads from all Offers except Offer ID 56 pass freely through the filter.
2. If leads are from Offer ID 56, they must satisfy the following conditions:
2.1. Leads from the State of Alabama (AL), with age greater than 25 years:
- captured all days except Sunday and Saturday pass through the filter.
- captured anytime by Publisher 7777 pass through the filter.
2.2. Leads from District of Columbia (DC) pass through the filter.
When using negative functions (Is not, Not in a list, etc.), parameters may be selected as Mandatory or Not mandatory. Mandatory type applies only to the presence of certain parameter (tag) in the Lead XML file, not to a value specified in the next filter field.
To put it simply, if you wish to receive only leads that include certain parameter (ZIP code, Lead ID, State, etc.) with a value in it, click Mandatory. In this case, all leads with an empty tag specified or without this tag at all, will not pass through the filter.
For example, we need to exclude leads with certain ZIP codes:
- Click Add criteria -> select Filter rule -> click Add.
- In the new drop-down that has appeared, select Geography – Zip Code
- Select Not in a list in the next drop-down -> Enter unwanted ZIP codes separated by a comma, without spaces. In our case, the list is the following: 10301,10302,10303.
- Click Mandatory.
This filter will make a ZIP code tag mandatory and exclude 10301,10302,10303 codes. Here is what this filter looks like:
For this particular example, condition will look like this:
|Not in a list
(10301, 10302, 10303)
|Leads flow will include:
||Leads flow will not include:
||1. Leads with all ZIP codes except 10301, 10302, 10303.
||1. Leads with 10301, 10302, 10303 ZIP codes;
2. Leads without ZIP code tags;
3. Leads with empty ZIP code tags.
||1. Leads with all ZIP codes except 10301, 10302, 10303;
2. Leads without ZIP code tags.
|1. Leads with 10301, 10302, 10303 ZIP codes;
2. Leads with empty ZIP code tags.
Useful Filtering Cases
Filter Management provides great opportunities for filtering incoming Leads by various lead attributes. Here are the most useful cases: