Sub ID is a tracking parameter that reflects publisher in different verticals and shows where the publisher's traffic comes from.
Sub IDs are created automatically in PX platform when leads are inserted. As soon as sub ID exists in the system, it can be edited in Sub ID settings.
Check the quality of sub ID
You can check the quality of the particular sub ID in Source quality report.
In addition, you can filter several PX reports by publisher and then by its sub ID in
Sub ID and campaign sources
Sub ID is also used as one of 3 elements that form the lead source and allow campaigns to configure the most profitable sources of their traffic.
Source ID consists of the following elements:
- Site ID is an ID of the site. Each site can work with several publishers as well as with several sub IDs of one publisher at once.
- Publisher ID indicates a particular publisher. A publisher can have several sub IDs and work with several buyers through one or more sites.
- Sub ID (last three symbols) indicates a particular sub ID that belongs to the specific publisher. One sub can deliver leads to one or more campaigns.
For example, Site ID = 91, Publisher ID = 1252, Sub ID = 21b413 -> Source ID = 91_1252_413.
In such a way, you can use sub IDs to manage lead sources for particular campaigns. Read more about this in the following articles:
- Source management;
- Old Source management (available for admins only);
- How to add exceptions in source management (available for admins only).
Sub ID and offer tracking
If you have HasOffers integrated into your PX platform, you can configure additional functionality related to tracking your Offers.
In this case, sub ID is a URL-encoded value up to 500 characters in length. This parameter allows storing non-unique session information of the publisher. Sub ID is included in the tracking link and allows passing this session information back to the publisher on conversion. Read more about sub ID in HasOffers article.
Offer tracking information related to sub IDs is available in Publisher conversion and Click to lead reports.
Please sign in to leave a comment.