If the lead is not sold, you can find the reason for that in Transaction Outbound Report. This article explains how to understand what exactly happened to the lead.
If No Buyer text is displayed in Buyer Campaign column on Leads Overview page, this means the lead has not been sold to any campaign:
To find the reason for this, perform the following actions:
1. Copy Transaction ID of the lead.
2. Go to Transactions Outbound Report and paste this ID into lookup search to find the corresponding transaction:
3. If this is ping post lead, follow Ping Post Leads Troubleshooting article for explanations of the most common buyer results.
4. If this is Direct Post Lead, Result column shows the reason why the lead was rejected by campaign. Click Action -> Response Data for more details:
5. If there is no record with such Transaction ID, usually it means that the lead was proposed to the direct post campaign with a Direct Bid, which is less than Min Price configured for the publisher.
Check both settings for this campaign and publisher as described below.
Min Price in Publisher Settings
Go to Admin -> Publishers, find the desired publisher and click Action -> Edit:
On a new page, navigate to General settings and click the pencil icon to edit it.
Min Price field ensures that leads from this publisher cannot be sold to campaigns with lower bids than the specified amount.
Direct Bid in Campaign Settings
Go to campaign settings, navigate to Commercial section and click the pencil icon to edit it. Check the value in Direct Bid field.
If it is less than Min Price of the publisher, this campaign will not be able to buy leads from this publisher. You can inform your buyer about that and set a new value.