With PX disposition, you can attribute your performance on a lead basis as well as upload custom values for additional tracking. This gives insights into your leads sales funnel, source-specific and overall campaign performance. Uploading disposition data is an easy process as PX remembers your file format and mapped fields.
To upload a disposition file, go to Disposition management and navigate to Upload file block.
Uploading procedure can consist of three steps:
Formatting your file correctly is important, so make sure it meets all the requirements.
Format your disposition file
A disposition file must include at least 2 columns: the lead identifier (lead GUID or email) and its current disposition status (contacted, interested, etc.).
With lead GUID as an identifier, the file should look something like this:
You can upload files with the same leads as many times as you need, the status of the lead will be updated accordingly.
There are the following requirements for the disposition file:
- The file must be in CSV format and contain 1 worksheet;
- The file size range is between 96 bytes and 10 MB;
- The file must contain at least email/lead GUID and status columns;
- Include column headers to make the mapping procedure in Step 2 more convenient.
- See the example disposition file at the end of the article.
You can also use services to check your CSV files, for example, CSV Lint.
Step 1. Upload file
To upload the disposition file, select the campaign and drag and drop the file or click to select it.
As soon as campaign and file are selected, click Next to proceed.
If there is something wrong with the file, an error message will be displayed.
Please upload disposition files separately for each campaign. Make sure your file contains leads bought by only one campaign selected above, otherwise, lead statuses won't be updated correctly.
Step 2. Map file headers
On the next step, map Email and/or Lead GUID, Status and Custom value 1, 2, 3 columns between the uploaded file and PX settings.
Next time when you upload the file with the same structure, fields will be mapped automatically.
- If your uploaded file contains headers, click Yes and map each of the required fields to headers of the corresponding columns by selecting them in corresponding lists. Enter the necessary number in a Search field if there is no item you need on the list.
- If the uploaded file does not contain headers, click No. Сount columns manually in your file and map each of the required fields to appropriate column numbers.
If there is no corresponding column in the uploaded file, select My file doesn’t have this column option.
At least one of Email and Lead GUID columns must be mapped, so avoid selecting this checkbox for both of them. Otherwise, the file won't be processed correctly.
- Only numbers are accepted as custom values. Letters, special characters and empty fields aren't taken into account and don’t affect previous disposition changes.
- Set 0 as a custom value for a lead to remove previously uploaded results.
Click Process as soon as you're done.
Step 3. Map statuses
On this step, map each status specified in the uploaded file to one of standard PX statuses, which are closest in meaning:
- Use Reset status to discard previously mapped disposition status to the lead.
- Follow How to map disposition statuses article for more information.
If you uploaded files before, click Review previously mapped fields to view the fields that were mapped automatically according to previous uploads and change them if necessary:
Click Back to return to the previous step (all your configurations on the current step will be saved).
Click Process to finish the file upload. If everything is mapped correctly, the information about the uploaded file appears in Dispositions table below.
Track disposition data uploaded on Source management page.