Deduplication is the process of filtering out duplicate leads. This is an important part of lead processing, which allows you to ensure that unnecessary duplicates are not sent to your PX system and, consequently, to PX buyers.
There are three methods of deduplication in PX:
Filtering duplicates on the vertical level
Lead duplicates can be filtered on the vertical level by configuring the time period (e.g. 24 hours ) for filtering leads by email. That means that incoming leads are filtered out if the email address specified in the lead is already stored in this vertical during the specified period.
In this case, the lead duplicate is not sent to any campaign and has Filtered Duplicate buyer result in Transactions Outbound Report:
- By default, duplicate filtering period is set to 24 hours.
- Maximum period that can be set - 72 hours.
If you wish to set another period for your platform, please contact PX Support.
Preventing duplicates on the campaign level
Lead duplication can be prevented on the campaign level by setting the period, during which duplicate leads won't be sent to this campaign (usually 30 days).
To prevent duplicates for the particular campaign, perform the following:
1. Go to Campaigns, find the desired campaign and click Action -> Campaign Settings.
2. Navigate to General settings, click pencil icon to edit it, and enter the desired number of days into Days for Duplicate Prevention field:
This means that incoming leads won't be sent to this campaign if the lead with such an email address has been already sold to this campaign during the last 30 days.
In this case, the lead duplicate will have Prevented posting of duplicate buyer result in Transactions Outbound Report:
Additional options for SaaS clients
There are also two additional options for SaaS clients that can be enabled on the platform level:
- preventing duplicates for unsold leads - prevents duplicates not only when the lead is sold to the campaign but also if it's once rejected by this campaign;
- preventing duplicates on the buyer level - allows switching from the campaign to the buyer level, meaning that whenever the lead is sold to any campaign of the buyer, the lead with the same combination of vertical+email will be rejected as a duplicate for all campaigns of this buyer during the configured period of time.
To enable these options for your PX platform, please contact PX Support.
Deduplication in ping post
Ping Post includes additional deduplication for cases when the same lead comes to PX platform from several different publishers in a short period of time.
When PX receives ping request from the publisher, the system checks the following 3 parameters of the lead:
- ZIP code;
- ping post type (/shared/undersold).
Then the system checks whether the lead with such a combination of parameters came to the platform during the last 5 minutes.
If no similar leads have been found, the lead is processed according to the usual flow.
If the lead with such a combination of the vertical, ZIP code and ping post type is found, it is marked as Duplicate Entry buyer result in Transactions Ping Post Report:
If you wish to set another period for deduplication on ping post for your platform, please contact PX Support.