Publisher (also called an affiliate) is the company specialized in bringing the buyer’s products and services to a wider audience. API Publishers have their own sources of lead generation and send their leads directly to PX API.
How to access
To change settings of the existing publisher, go to Settings -> Publishers, find the desired publisher and click Action -> Edit.
A new page appears, divided into the following sections, that become available depending on the publisher's account type:
- Publisher settings
- Manage Sub IDs - link to Sub ID management page.
To change settings in the desired block, click Edit.
General settings include the basic information specified during the process of publisher creation and settings related to ping post:
1. Account type – select account type that affects a set of available fields and blocks for configuration.
Follow Call publisher settings article to read about call publishes.
2. Publisher ID is a unique ID of the publisher in the PX platform.
3. Traffic type - the type of the publisher depending on how leads are captured (Mobile, Call Center, Search, Email, Premium Display, Path, Contextual, Mobile Premium Display, Offer Wall, Mobile Path, All/Mixed or Undefined).
4. Publisher name - the internal name of the publisher.
5. Fixed pricing - click Yes to pay a fixed amount for each lead from this publisher.
6. Ping post type - set Exclusive (default), Shared or Undersold ping post types or None to set Direct post for this publisher.
7. Margin (85% by default) - set margin percentage for this publisher. Margin field is changed to Publisher's share if Fixed pricing is set to No.
8. Fixed price is the amount of money that you pay to the publisher for each lead when Fixed pricing is enabled. This field allows firing pixels for leads only when the amount of the fixed price is reached.
9. Min price - the minimum amount of money that this publisher wants to receive for each of their leads. In other words, if сampaign's bid is less than Min price, the lead won't be sold to this сampaign.
- For ping post publishers, when the campaign's bid is lower than Min price on ping, Bid too low error is sent to the publisher's response and displayed in Transactions ping post report.
- If the direct post publisher sends another Min price in the lead request, it has a higher priority than Min price in Publisher settings.
The next 2 fields are available if Ping post type isn't set to None:
10. Ping timeout (25s by default) – the maximum period of time, during which PX must send a ping response to the publisher with a bid.
Bids sent from buyers later than selected in Ping timeout field aren't taken into account.
11. Post timeout (45s by default) - set the maximum period of time, during which PX must respond to the publisher's post request. When post transaction is rejected because of the timeout, the publisher receives Unable to monetize message.
The next fields are the following:
12. Source tier - select one of 6 source quality tiers for this publisher.
13. Price range - set a price range for leads from this publisher.
14. Modify Date – the date when publisher settings were edited.
Advanced block includes the following fields:
1. Description – basic description of the publisher.
2. Passback settings - select parameters that should be sent to the publisher if pass back is configured for this publisher (Sold, Real Payout, Redirect URL, Buyer Raw Response, Buyer GUID, DID)
Specify the physical address of the publisher. Click Edit to change the information:
View and manage user accounts for this publisher according to instructions in PMP account settings article.
View or generate a token for API publisher to provide them with access to PX API so that they can post leads in HTTP format.
If there's no token yet, click Generate to create a partner token for this publisher:
Click copy icon to copy the token to your clipboard.
To deactivate a token and disable publisher's access to API, click Revoke. To generate a new token, click Regenerate.
Volume & allocation
Configure monthly, weekly, and daily sold leads capacity for the publisher to prevent new publishers with low traffic quality from sending too many leads. By default, No limit is set for each lead capacity.
Click Edit to sets caps:
Leads - enter the maximum number of leads that this publisher can sell in one month, week or day.
If any monthly, weekly or daily lead capacity is reached:
- leads aren't posted to PX platform from this publisher until the next month / week / day starts or this cap is increased;
- publisher receives PublisherCapReached message in the response;
- the corresponding error is displayed in Transactions ping post and Lead post reports: