The information provided by Internet user becomes a lead, passed into PX and tied to a particular publisher through a publisher ID. In the vertical specifications provided for posts in PX, publisher ID can be identified by finding affiliate ID. In order to generate a publisher ID, create a publisher in PX platform.
How to Create a New Publisher
To create a new publisher, go to Admin -> Publishers and click Create. A new page appears with General information section and mandatory fields indicated by *.
The first four fields describe basic information about the publisher:
1. Traffic type - determine the type of the publisher depending on how leads are captured (Mobile, Call Center, Search, Email, Premium Display, Path, Contextual, Mobile Premium Display, Offer Wall, Mobile Path, All/Mixed or Undefined)
Traffic type allows filtering leads by Traffic Type in campaign’s Filter Management.
2. Publisher tier - assign the publisher to one of the tiers (Excellent, Very good, Good, Fair, Below average, Poor), source quality categories.
3. Publisher name - enter the name of the publisher in order to easily identify and reference it later. This name isn't displayed to the publisher.
5. Publisher manager ID - assign a publisher manager to this publisher. All managers defined on HasOffers are available for selection.
The next set of fields:
6. Fixed pricing - click Yes to pay to the publisher a fixed price for each lead.
7. Margin (85% by default) - set margin percentage for this publisher. This option depends on the Access mode selected.
8. Fixed price is the amount of money that you pay to the publisher for each lead when Fixed Pricing option is enabled. This field allows firing pixel for leads only when the amount of the fixed price is reached.
For example, if Fixed Price is set to $20 for a publisher and the corresponding lead is sold for $5, the system adds $5 to the fixed price amount and checks whether $20 have been reached. If yes, pixel is sent to the tracking system of the publisher. If no - publisher will be pixeled as soon as $20 amount is reached.
9. Min price - specify the minimum amount of money that the publisher wants to receive for each of their leads. In other words, if сampaign's bid is less then Min Price specified, the lead will not be sold to this сampaign.
The next set of fields:
10. Add upsell to balance (set to Yes by default) - click Yes to add the revenue received from upsell leads to publisher’s balance. In this case, the amount of (Upsell revenue*Margin %) will be added to the publisher balance calculation.
Upsell leads are captured when an Internet user, after submitting one form, clicks on another offer on the End page. All forms, which are submitted after the first one, become upsell leads and usually is added PX revenue. However, if Add upsell to balance is set to Yes, it improves publisher performance since the pixels are sent more often and publisher revenue increases.
11. Leading balance - select at which level you wish to balance this publisher:
- Publisher Total - balancing on the publisher level as a whole.
- Publisher Sub - balancing on the source level (e.g. useful for call centers for each employee)
- Publisher Sub and Campaign (for large publishers that are active in multiple verticals, for each buyer campaign).
12. Start balance – enter the start balance amount for this publisher in order to give him a head start in the beginning (according to agreements with the publisher).
13. Max negative balance allows specifying the maximum negative balance acceptable for this publisher in order to avoid losing more money than is indicated.
For example, if LeadSubmit access mode is selected according to agreement with the publisher, we may pixel all leads submitted by publisher to PX. However, sometimes not all of them are sold to buyers. In this case, we can set Max negative balance to $50 to ensure that we would not lose more than $50.
14. Access mode - select the mode, which determines the rules of publisher balancing in PX:
- Standard mode - margin is the percentage of the payout for each lead received from buyers, for which you wish to send a tracking pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that 75% of the payout is pixeled to the publisher).
- Lead Submit mode - margin is the percentage of leads submitted by PX, which you wish to pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that pixels are sent in 75% cases when the publisher’s leads are submitted by PX).
- Sold Lead mode - margin is the percentage of leads sold to buyers, which you wish to pixel to the publisher (e.g. 75% means that pixels are sent in 75% cases when the publisher’s leads are sold to buyers).
15. Passback settings - select parameters that should be sent to the publisher if there is pass back configured for this publisher (Sold, Real Payout, Payout, Redirect URL, Buyer Raw Response, Buyer Guid, DID).
Next four settings are related to the publisher user, which will have access to PX platform:
16. Full name - enter the full name of the user.
17. E-mail - specify the email of the Publisher user.
18. User password - enter the password for this user.
19. ZIP code - enter a ZIP code of the user.
As soon as you're done, click Save.