To configure Ping Post for a particular publisher, go to Admin -> Publishers, select the desired publisher and click Action -> Edit.
Click the pencil icon and navigate to the bottom of the General section to see fields related to ping post:
Configure the following:
1. Ping Post Type - select one of the types according to your preferences or None to disable ping post for this publisher.
If there are more direct post campaigns in the vertical, it is useful to select Prediction type. However, if the vertical contains more ping post campaigns, Ping Forwarding would fit better.
2. Bid Type select one of the following bid types:
- None - disable ping post for this publisher;
- Calculation - select this bid type to set the minimum threshold for the lead;
- Correction - select this bid type to set the modified bid sent in the ping response;
- Correction to 0 - select this bid type to report lead as Unable to monetize when the total amount of shared bids is lower than Min Price.
3. Bid Floor set the percentage of the bid, used to calculate the minimum price below which the lead cannot be sold. Min Price = (Bid Price*Bid Floor)/100.
Bid Floor is used in all three bid types.
4. Outbid Percentage - set the percentage of the Corrected bid, by which the lead price will be increased in the ping stage. Increased Price = Bid Price+(Bid Price*Outbid Percentage)/100.
5. Outbid Percentage % allows to configure how often bid calculation is modified by Outbid Percentage (e.g. 25% means that Outbid Percentage will be applied to bids for 25% leads of this publisher)
Outbid Percentage and Outbid Percentage % settings are taken into account only if Correction bid type is selected.
6. Ping Timeout - set the maximum period of time (5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 seconds), during which PX must send a ping response with a bid to the publisher.
If Ping Forwarding is enabled, bids sent from campaigns after the selected period are not taken into account.
Click Save when you are done.
All statistics regarding ping post lead posting processes between publishers and PX is available in the following reports:
Ping post settings of the publisher are always applied to all their sub IDs, no matter what is set for No parent Inherit option.