Sales model describes the way how leads are bought and sold on the platform. There are three main sales models used in PX: exclusive, shared and undersold. Each sales models is configured on the campaign level and ping post types on the publisher level.
In the exclusive sales model, each lead is sold once to only one campaign. Exclusive leads are usually more expensive.
To set the exclusive model, perform the following:
- for the campaign: go to campaign settings and select Exclusive in Sales model field;
- for the publisher: go to publisher settings and select Prediction or Ping Forwarding types in Ping Post Type field.
You can also set Mixed sales model in campaign settings. That will allow the campaign to get offered both shared and exclusive leads.
In the shared model, each lead is sold to several campaigns. Shared campaigns are grouped under Leg Name and PX can sell the lead to only 1 campaign from each leg. This allows to prevent selling one lead to the same leg twice.
To set the shared model, perform the following:
- for the campaign: go to campaign settings and select Shared in Sales model field;
- for the publisher: go to publisher settings and select Shared Prediction or Shared Ping Forwarding in Ping Post Type field.
The maximum number of campaigns that can buy the same lead (usually 5) is configured per vertical in the Num Slots field on a Shared Model page.
There is an additional option in the shared model called multi-leg. It's used when a campaign (usually a reseller) sends to PX the list of legs and prices for each of them. If the lead is sold to some of these legs, they are recorded in the system and each leg is counted as a separate shared sale.
To configure the multi-leg shared model, please contact our Support Department.
Undersold campaigns are grouped under legs similarly to shared campaigns. The lead goes to undersold campaigns when free Num Slots remained after selling this lead in the shared model. This lead can be sold in the undersold model as many times as many free slots left. Undersold campaigns are aware that this lead has been sold several times already and buy it at a lower price.
To set the undersold model, perform the following:
- for the campaign: go to campaign settings and select Undersold in Sales model field;
- for the publisher: go to publisher settings and select Undersold Prediction or Undersold Ping Forwarding in Ping Post Type field.
Please sign in to leave a comment.