File Upload is an API Builder option that allows to automate the process of mapping fields with multiple values by uploading TXT files.
File Uploading is available for most fields in the request, but it is more convenient for fields that include more than 10 values for mapping. This option is mainly used for Insurance Company, Condition and Occupation fields because they usually include large lists of values.
To map the field using File Upload option, follow these instructions:
1. Copy the list of field values from buyer specification into the new TXT file and save it.
It is strongly recommended to list field values in a column format in the TXT file.
2. Map the field (insuranceCompany in our XML example):
3. In the Mapping Panel, select ON for Answer Values and click Choose file:
4. Find the TXT file created on the 1st step on your computer and click Open:
As soon as the file is uploaded, some fields are mapped automatically by the system.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the mapping list and click Show mapped to view already mapped fields:
The list will appear below these two buttons:
6. Map the rest of PX values by selecting appropriate buyer field in dropdown menus:
7. If there is no appropriate field in the dropdown menu, map the field to the buyer’s field used in such cases (in our case - Company Not Listed field):
Buyer Specification always includes a special field used in cases when any buyer field does not correspond to the PX field (Company not listed, Not in the list, Other, etc.). While creating a TXT file with the list of fields, put this field to the beginning of the file. This will simplify the mapping process because the field will be placed to the top of the dropdown list.
8. You still can map all the fields manually if you need by clicking Map manually:
Please sign in to leave a comment.