You can clone any lead campaign in PX if you have an already configured campaign and wish to start one more with similar settings. The cloning option helps to save time and efforts and create a new campaign for 15 minutes.
You can clone API configuration, leg mappings, filters, payout rules, and source management settings of any existing lead campaign.
Go to Campaigns, find in a list a lead campaign which you wish to clone -> click its Action -> Clone campaign.
Clone campaign pop-up window appears with the following fields:
1. Target campaign - to clone settings of the selected campaign to an already existing one, select it from the list. As soon as you select this option, the next two fields will be hidden.
2. New campaign name - to create a new campaign-clone, enter the name for it (by default, new is added to an old campaign’s name).
It is recommended to combine Buyer name and vertical (e.g. Buyer Name Auto) in order to keep data organized and simplify the support process. Avoid special characters.
3. New vertical - select the vertical for the new campaign.
4. Select necessary Cloning options:
- Live API configuration - all settings for new campaign-clone will go in Live mode, but API configuration won't be available for editing.
- Test API configuration - API configuration for a new campaign-clone will be available for editing.
It is recommended to select Test API configuration, so that you can check that all API settings for a new campaign before going Live.
- Select Leg mappings, Payout rules, Caps configuration, Filters, Source configuration checkboxes to copy these settings to a new campaign. However, if you wish to set other filters and sources for a new campaign in order to distribute traffic differently, leave corresponding checkboxes blank.
Click Save to save a campaign-clone.
You will be redirected to a new page to setup API for a new campaign. All settings are copied from the cloned campaign. Make changes if you need, following API Builder Guide. As soon as you a ready with all 5 steps, click Go live -> Yes in the dialog box.
Campaign-clone has a new creation date, different from the original campaign.
A new campaign-clone has Prepublished status and is Off in Source Management, which means it doesn't receive any leads. You will see a reminder about this when the campaign is cloned:
As soon as you're done with API configuration, make the campaign active using one of the following options:
- go to Campaigns, find the recently created campaign-clone in the list. Navigate to Status column and select All sources or Selective sources, according to your preferences.
- go Source Management and find the recently created campaign-clone in the list. Select All sources or Selective sources in campaign mode drop-down list, according to your preferences.